Goals of the assessment
Site specific data processing and producing digital thematic maps.
A map of wildlife damage based on aerial hyperspectral data; a digital inland water map of the area by using orthophotos.
Why and for who is it worth? What are the benefits of using remote sensing technologies?
- For agricultural producers: a cost effective method to determine the size of the affected areas which made the rehabilitation much easier (easier to apply drainage, easier to plan the protection against wildlife damage); gave the possibility to reduce the needed time of the insurance and reimbursement process
- For wildlife managers: by identifying areas that have been damaged by wildlife, planning of game management became easier (population thinning, prevent further damages with fences); the claims and demands of farmers can be checked objectively
- Legal authorities: By precisely identifying the size of the areas covered by inland water, the estimation, the check and payment of claims became easier
- Insurance companies: By identifying the exact size of the affected areas and the extent of the damage, reparation claims could be evaluated objectively
- Conclusion: the end products give the possibility of identification and monitoring of the affected areas.